You can switch a service group between systems to test failover. This also comes handy also during a maintenance activity to free up a system in the cluster. In order to ensure that failover can occur as expected in the event of a fault, test the failover process by switching the service group between systems within the cluster.
What happens during SG switch
– Switching a service group does not have the same effect as taking a service group offline on one system and bring the service group online on another system.
– When you switch a service group, VCS replicates the state of each resource on the target system.
– If a resource has been manually taken offline on a system before the switch command is run, that resource is not brought online on the target system.
1. Take sources offline on source system
2. Bring resources online on the target system. Only resources online on source system are brought online on target system
Switching a Service Group
To switch a service group, use the command below:
hagrp -switch [group] -to [system]
Provide the service group name and the name of the system where the service group is to be brought online.
VCS (Infoscale Availability) – Difference Between Frozen and TFrozen attributes
VCS (Infoscale Availability) : How to freeze a Service Group