“clockwork-cli” is a command-line interface (CLI) tool that provides a convenient way to interact with the Clockwork PHP debugging framework from the command line. Clockwork is a powerful debugging and profiling tool for PHP applications, and the CLI interface allows developers to access its features and functionalities without the need for a graphical user interface.
The primary purpose of “clockwork-cli” is to enable developers to utilize the features of the Clockwork debugging framework in a command-line environment. Clockwork is designed to assist in understanding and optimizing PHP applications by providing detailed insights into the application’s performance, queries, HTTP requests, and more.
With “clockwork-cli,” developers can perform various actions and tasks related to debugging and profiling their PHP code. Some of the key features and functionalities of “clockwork-cli” include:
- Recording and Inspecting Data: “clockwork-cli” allows developers to initiate the recording of data during the execution of PHP applications. This data includes information about HTTP requests, database queries, executed code, and other relevant metrics. Developers can inspect this recorded data to gain insights into the behavior and performance of their PHP applications.
- Querying and Filtering Data: The CLI interface provides commands and options to query and filter the recorded data. Developers can search for specific requests, filter data based on various criteria, and extract relevant information for analysis and debugging purposes.
- Exporting and Importing Data: “clockwork-cli” enables developers to export the recorded data from Clockwork in various formats, such as JSON or CSV. This exported data can be shared or analyzed using other tools or imported into another Clockwork instance for further inspection.
- Analyzing Performance: Clockwork provides detailed performance profiling capabilities, and “clockwork-cli” allows developers to leverage these features from the command line. It enables the analysis of execution times, memory usage, database queries, and other performance-related metrics to identify bottlenecks and optimize the application’s performance.
- Integration with Other Tools: “clockwork-cli” can be integrated with other development tools and workflows. For example, it can be used in build scripts or automated testing environments to incorporate Clockwork’s debugging capabilities into existing development processes.
By using “clockwork-cli,” developers have a powerful command-line interface to work with the Clockwork PHP debugging framework. It provides a flexible and efficient way to perform debugging and profiling tasks, access recorded data, analyze performance metrics, and integrate Clockwork into their development workflows.
clockwork-cli Command Examples
1. Monitor Clockwork logs for the current project:
2. Monitor Clockwork logs for a specific project:
# clockwork-cli /path/to/directory
3. Monitor Clockwork logs for multiple projects:
# clockwork-cli /path/to/directory1 /path/to/directory2 ...
In summary, “clockwork-cli” is a command-line interface tool that allows developers to interact with the Clockwork PHP debugging framework from the command line. It enables tasks such as recording and inspecting data, querying and filtering recorded information, exporting and importing data, and analyzing performance metrics. “clockwork-cli” provides a convenient way to leverage the capabilities of Clockwork in a command-line environment, facilitating debugging and profiling of PHP applications.