rolldice is a command-line utility that allows users to roll virtual dice. It is typically used in games, simulations, or other applications where dice are needed but physical dice are not available or practical.
Here are some of the main features of rolldice:
- Roll virtual dice: rolldice allows users to roll virtual dice, including standard six-sided dice, as well as dice with other numbers of sides.
- Customizable: rolldice is highly customizable, allowing users to specify the number of dice to roll, the number of sides on each die, and other parameters.
- Output formatting: rolldice allows users to specify how the output should be formatted, including the total of all the dice rolled, the values of each individual die, and more.
- Randomness: rolldice uses a cryptographically secure random number generator to ensure that the dice rolls are truly random.
If you encounter the below error while running the command rolldice:
rolldice: command not found
you may try installing the below package as per your choice of distribution:
|Debian||apt-get install rolldice|
|Ubuntu||apt-get install rolldice|
|Kali Linux||apt-get install rolldice|
|OS X||brew install rolldice|
|Raspbian||apt-get install rolldice|
rolldice Command Examples
1. Roll a single 20 sided dice:
# rolldice d20
2. Roll two six sided dice and drop the lowest roll:
# rolldice 2d6s1
3. Roll two 20 sided dice and add a modifier value:
# rolldice 2d20+5
4. Roll a 20 sided dice two times:
# rolldice 2xd20
Overall, rolldice is a useful tool for anyone who needs to roll virtual dice. Its flexibility and customization options make it a versatile tool that can be used in a variety of applications, from tabletop games to simulations and beyond.