mdbook” is a command line tool for creating online books using Markdown files. It provides a convenient way to write and publish books, documentation, and other long-form content on the web. With mdbook, you can write your content using Markdown, a simple and easy-to-read markup language, and then use the mdbook tool to generate a website or an ebook from your Markdown files. The generated website or ebook is optimized for reading and can be styled using custom CSS.
Using mdbook, you can create online books that are easily shareable, readable on any device, and searchable. The tool is designed to be simple and flexible, making it easy for authors to get started with creating and publishing their content. mdbook can be especially useful for technical writers, software developers, and anyone who needs to write and publish long-form content on the web. The tool can be used for writing documentation, tutorials, guides, and other types of content that can benefit from being easily readable and shareable.
mdbook Command Examples
1. Create a mdbook project in the current directory:
# mdbook init
2. Create a mdbook project in a specific directory:
# mdbook init /path/to/directory
3. Clean the directory with the generated book:
# mdbook clean
4. Serve a book at http://localhost:3000, auto build when file changes:
# mdbook serve
5. Watch a set of Markdown files and automatically build when a file is changed:
# mdbook watch