“mate-screenshot” is a graphical tool used in the MATE desktop environment for taking screenshots. It allows users to capture screenshots of the entire screen, a specific window, or a selected region.
The tool provides options for taking screenshots, including a delay timer, the ability to grab the mouse cursor, and the ability to hide the window border. The screenshots can be saved in various image formats such as PNG, JPEG, and TIFF.
Using mate-screenshot, users can quickly and easily capture screenshots without the need for external tools or complex command line options. This can be useful for capturing images for documentation, tutorials, bug reports, or any other situation where a screenshot is needed.
mate-screenshot Command Examples
1. Create a fullscreen screenshot:
2. Create an active window screenshot:
# mate-screenshot --window
3. Create a specific area screenshot:
# mate-screenshot --area
4. Create a screenshot interactively:
# mate-screenshot --interactive
5. Create a screenshot without borders:
# mate-screenshot --window --remove-border
6. Create a screenshot with a specific effect:
# mate-screenshot --effect=shadow|border|none
7. Create a screenshot with a specific delay in seconds:
# mate-screenshot --delay=5