lxterminal is a terminal emulator for the Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment (LXDE), a popular open-source desktop environment for Linux. A terminal emulator is a program that provides a command-line interface to the underlying operating system, allowing users to interact with the system using text-based commands.
lxterminal provides a simple and lightweight terminal emulator for LXDE, offering basic features such as multiple tabs, copy and paste, and customizable font and color options. The terminal emulator is designed to integrate well with the LXDE desktop environment, offering a seamless experience for users.
In addition to its lightweight design, lxterminal is also highly configurable, allowing users to customize various aspects of the terminal emulator to suit their needs. Some of the configurable options include:
- The size and position of the terminal window
- The font and color scheme used by the terminal
- The behavior of the terminal when running commands or scripts And more.
lxterminal is a popular choice for users of the LXDE desktop environment, providing a simple and lightweight terminal emulator that is easy to use and highly configurable.
If you encounter the below error while running the command lxterminal:
lxterminal: command not found
you may try installing the below package as per your choice of distribution:
|Debian||apt-get install lxterminal|
|Ubuntu||apt-get install lxterminal|
|Alpine||apk add lxterminal|
|Arch Linux||pacman -S lxterminal|
|Kali Linux||apt-get install lxterminal|
|Fedora||dnf install lxterminal|
|Raspbian||apt-get install lxterminal|
lxterminal Command Examples
1. Open an LXTerminal window:
2. Open an LXTerminal window, run a command, and then exit:
# lxterminal -e "command"
3. Open an LXTerminal window with multiple tabs:
# lxterminal --tabs=tab_name1,tab_name2,...
4. Open an LXTerminal window with a specific title:
# lxterminal --title=title_name
5. Open an LXTerminal window with a specific working directory:
# lxterminal --working-directory=path/to/directory