lxi is a command-line tool for controlling LXI (LAN eXtensions for Instrumentation) compatible instruments, such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, and other test and measurement equipment. LXI is an industry standard for remote instrument control over Ethernet, enabling instruments to be controlled and automated from a computer over a network.
The lxi command allows you to interact with LXI compatible instruments using a simple command-line interface. This enables you to automate and streamline your testing and measurement processes, by programmatically controlling instruments, reading data, and processing results.
With the lxi command, you can perform a wide range of operations, including:
- Connecting to LXI instruments and discovering available instruments on the network
- Sending and receiving commands and data to and from instruments
- Configuring instruments and setting up measurement conditions
- Acquiring and processing data from instruments And more.
The lxi command is a flexible and powerful tool for automating and streamlining your testing and measurement processes, enabling you to leverage the full capabilities of your LXI compatible instruments.
lxi Command Examples
1. Discover LXI devices on available networks:
# lxi discover
2. Capture a screenshot, detecting a plugin automatically:
# lxi screenshot --address ip_address
3. Capture a screenshot using a specified plugin:
# lxi screenshot --address ip_address --plugin rigol-1000z
4. Send an SCPI command to an instrument:
# lxi scpi --address ip_address "*IDN?"
5. Run a benchmark for request and response performance:
# lxi benchmark --address ip_address