In this post, we will discuss how to install and configure java in pc or laptop.
Installation setup JAVA
Java SE is freely available from the link Download Java. You can download a version based on your operating system. Follow this setup for Windows. When your complete download run the .exe to install Java on your machine. You will need to set environment variables to point to correct installation directories.
Setting the path window:
- Right-click on ‘My Computer’ and select ‘Properties’.
- Click the ‘Environment variables’ button under the ‘Advance system settings’ tab.
- ‘Path’ variable that it also contains the path to the Java executable.if the path is currently set to ‘C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32’, then change your path to read ‘C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32;c:\Program Files\java\jdk\bin’.
Setting Up the Path for Linux, UNIX, Solaris, FreeBSD
Environment variable PATH should be set to point to where the Java binaries have been installed. If you use bash as your shell, then you would add the following line to the end of your ‘.bashrc:
export PATH = /path/to/java:$PATH
- Netbeans − A Java IDE that is open-source and free which can be downloaded from java.
- Eclipse − A Java IDE developed by the eclipse open-source community and can be downloaded from eclipse.