Following fndload commands are used to download and upload the Value Set. FNDLOAD can be executed as a concurrent program.
Some advantages when using FNDLOAD
- Because downloaded data is stored in a text file, version administration is possible
- There is nothing to worry to go to purchase because Investment = 0$
- No learning curve. This is relief for developer and DBA
- Fully supported and recommended by Oracle
- Capture the migrations in a file and use it during installations, clones etc. to migrate in batch
- Pin-point when something happened and where (database) easily
- Your AOL data migration process is now simplified and streamlined goal attained
Some disadvantages when using FNDLOAD
- Applications patching mechanisms use FNDLOAD heavily possibility of negative impact is not zero
- UPLOAD_MODE=REPLACE only for menus
- No validation against migrating database/instance sensitive data
FNDLOAD Command to download a Value set
FNDLOAD apps/<PWD> O Y DOWNLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/afffload.lct <LDT_FILE_NAME>.ldt VALUE_SET FLEX_VALUE_SET_NAME="<VALUE_SET_NAME>"
If value set has values then,
FNDLOAD apps/<PWD> 0 Y DOWNLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/afffload.lct <LDT_FILE_NAME>.ldt VALUE_SET_VALUE FLEX_VALUE_SET_NAME="<VALUE_SET_NAME>"
FNDLOAD Command to Upload a Value set
FNDLOAD apps/<PWD> 0 Y UPLOAD $FND_TOP/patch/115/import/afffload.lct <LDT_FILE_NAME>.ldt