“equery” is a command-line tool that is used to view information about packages that are managed by the Portage package manager on Gentoo Linux. It is a part of the gentoolkit package which provides a set of utilities for managing packages on Gentoo Linux systems.
equery has several commands that can be used to view specific information about packages. Some of the common commands include:
- list: Show the list of all versions of the package that are installed on the system.
- belongs: Show the files that belong to the package.
- depends: Show the dependencies of the package.
- files: Show the list of files installed by the package.
- check: Check the integrity of the package files.
equery Command Examples
1. List all installed packages:
# equery list '*'
2. Search for installed packages in the Portage tree and in overlays:
# equery list -po package_name
3. List all packages that depend on a given package:
# equery depends package_name
4. List all packages that a given package depends on:
# equery depgraph package_name
5. List all files installed by a package:
# equery files --tree package_name