The /etc/named.rfc1912.zones file is listed in the include section of the /etc/named.conf file. The /etc/named.rfc1912.zones file contains five zone sections.
Domains are grouped into zones and zones are configured through the use of zone files. The zone statement defines the characteristics of a zone, the location of its zone file, and zone- specific options, which override the global options statements. The following zones are defined in the /etc/named.rfc1912.zones file:
1. localhost.localdomain: Specifies that localhost.localdomain points to 127.0.0.1, preventing the local server from looking upstream for this information
2. localhost: Sets up the normal server on the local system
3. 188.8.131.52.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.0.ip6.arpa: Sets up IPv6 reverse name resolution
4. 184.108.40.206.in-addr.arpa: Sets up IPv4 reverse name resolution
5. 0.in-addr.arpa: Specifies that IP addresses that start with 0 have their reverse lookup handled by the local server, preventing the local server from looking upstream