The az config command is part of the azure-cli tool, which is the official CLI (Command-Line Interface) provided by Microsoft for managing resources and services on the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
The az config command allows you to manage the Azure CLI configuration settings. Here’s an overview of its functionality:
- View Configuration Settings: With the az config command, you can view the current configuration settings of the Azure CLI. This includes information such as the default subscription, output format, logging level, and other global settings that affect the behavior of the CLI.
- Set Configuration Settings: The az config command enables you to set or modify the configuration settings of the Azure CLI. You can change the default subscription, switch the output format to JSON or table format, set the logging level for more verbose output, and configure other options to customize your CLI experience.
- Manage Extensions: The Azure CLI allows you to extend its functionality by installing extensions. The az config command provides options to manage these extensions. You can list the installed extensions, update them to the latest version, and add or remove specific extensions based on your requirements.
- Configure Telemetry: Azure CLI collects anonymous usage data to improve the tool’s quality and provide better features. The az config command allows you to manage the telemetry settings. You can enable or disable telemetry data collection and view the current status of telemetry settings.
- Update CLI: The Azure CLI is continuously updated with new features, bug fixes, and improvements. The az config command provides an option to check for updates to the Azure CLI itself. You can run a command to verify if a newer version of the CLI is available and update it if necessary.
- Configure Azure DevOps Interactions: The az config command also allows you to configure settings related to Azure DevOps interactions. You can set the Azure DevOps organization URL, the default Azure DevOps project, and other related configuration options for seamless integration with Azure DevOps services.
The az config command provides essential capabilities for managing the configuration of the Azure CLI. By leveraging this command, you can customize the CLI behavior, manage extensions, configure telemetry settings, and stay up to date with the latest version of the CLI.
az feedback Command Examples
1. Send feedback to the Azure CLI Team:
# az feedback