Here is a short note, if you are looking for packages (RPM) for Oracle ASMLib (oracleasm) for RedHat Linux or other Linux distributions. There are three components of ASMLib.
- kernel driver (oracleasm-kmod)
- userspace tools (oracleasm-support)
- userspace libary (oracleasmlib)
To find the OS version of the RHEL/CentOS servers, use the below command:
# cat /etc/redhat-release
Oracle provide ASMLib driver & Library & Tools for:
1. Oracle ASMLib Downloads for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5
2. Oracle ASMLib Downloads for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6
3. Oracle ASMLib Downloads for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7
4. Oracle Linux 6
5. Oracle Linux 7
To find the OS version of SuSE enterprise linux system, use the below command:
# cat /etc/SuSE-release
Packages named kmod-oracleasm is built and distributed by Red Hat and SuSE so you can install them using the native package manager like yum.
# yum install kmod-oracleasm
ASMLib driver source packages are provided in https://oss.oracle.com/projects/oracleasm/files/sources.