Qemu Guest Agent has many features like shutdown/restart VM guest and also provides information about the VM guest. You can see basic information which is provided by qemu-guest-agent in Adminportal ( Compute –> Virtual Machines –> Click the VM –> Guest Info ).
This post will list the essential features that Qemu Guest Agent provides.
Qemu Guest Agent can provide below essential features:
1. Power cycle commands – shutdown, restart:
111 self.vm.log.debug("Shutting down with guest agent") 112 try: 113 self.vm.qemuGuestAgentShutdown()
2. List of active users: get a list of active users from the guest OS:
307 class ActiveUsersCheck(_RunnableOnVmGuestAgent)
3. VM Disk Information: Get file system information and disk mapping:
363 class DiskInfoCheck(_RunnableOnVmGuestAgent)
4. VM System Information：get the information about system configuration that does not change too often.
- OS version and architecture
5. NetworkInterfacesCheck: get the information about network interfaces:
- network interfaces
- IP addresses