Question: How to extend virtual volume ( guest disk ) under OS which runs lvm2 and xfs on target device which does not use partitions?
1. Create a full Guest system backup.
2. Extend the Guest disk from the VMware layer (from Vsphere).
3. Run below command to detect new size on the guest disk.
# ls /sys/class/scsi_host/ | while read host ; do echo "- - -" > /sys/class/scsi_host/$host/scan ; done
3. Verify if new size is visible via fdisk/dmesg.
# fdisk /dev/sdX
4. Resize the pv with pvresize:
# pvresize /dev/sdX
5. Verify the disk size.
6. Verify vg size:
7. Try to extend lv:
# lvextend -l +100%FREE /lv-name-here
8. Resize xfs:
# xfs_growfs /dev/mapper/lv-name-here